Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fire Escape by Fastball

Fastball was one of those bands that i got into because i saw them on MTV. Being on MTV is not such a bad thing, even if you're the kind of artist who should be credible and wouldn't want to be tagged as a "sellout".

This is my favorite song of their debut album, All the Pain Money Can Buy. I honestly don't know what the song is about and what's the inspiration behind it but I like the line "I can be myself" because there are times i can't do that and those are the times I really HATE.

I also remember pitching this song as the Intro to one of the video presentations we did during 4th Year HS, but most of my classmates weren't familiar with the song or the band so my proposal was thrown out even before it had the chance to be hot.


Well I don't wanna be president
Superman or Clark Kent
I don't wanna walk round in their shoes

Cause I don't know who's side I'm on
I don't know my right from wrong
I don't know where Im going to
I don't know about you

Ill be the rain falling on your fire escape
And I may not be the man you want me to
I can be myself, how bout you?

I don't wanna make you mad
I don't wanna meet your dad
I don't wanna be your dream come true

cause I don't know just what Ive found
I don't know my sky from ground
I don't know where Im going to
I don't know about you

Ill be the rain falling on your fire escape
And I may not be the man you want me to
I can be myself, how bout you?


I can be myself, how bout you?
I can be myself
How bout you?

No comments: