Saturday, August 24, 2013

We Should Always Be Together by Billy Goodrum

My older brother, Augy bought a sound track of the Kingpin movie, one which we both can't stop laughing about. If I remember correctly we saw this from the Cinemax channel, the not-so-mainstream movie channel of HBO. We'd be hanging around the sofa and just laugh about the movie whenever we saw it. There were many songs that I liked from the soundtrack like Superman by the punk-ska band Goldfinger (which also appeared in the 1st Tony Hawk: Pro Skater video game) and the song by Josh Clayton Felt.

I don't actually remember the scene from the movie this song plays, but for me this was the highlight of the album. I liked it so much that I placed it in a  mix-tape (a CDs actually, no make that 2 CDs) that I gave to a girl I really had a crush on.




I don't wanna go
I wanna stay with you forever
Hold me in your arms
Let me feel your beating heart
We should always be together

I don't want to leave you
Even for a minute
I couldn't stand to live my life
A single day without you in it
They say that time heals all wounds
But I can't wait for later
Anyway, I'm afraid if I walk away
This time it could be fatal

I don't want you to be
Just another memory
That keeps me awake at night
Leaves me tryin' to hold on to
Tryin' to get you back into my life

I don't wanna go
You have to drag me off in chains
Don't leave me in the dark
Don't let me drift too far
You know I couldn't stand the pain

Yeah we should always always be together
Yeah we should always always be together

No comments: