Friday, October 29, 2010

Queen in Me by Julianne

I listened to this album again yesterday and this song got stuck on my head. It's just a great song. I want to listen to female artists more because of this song. I just think I'm not listening enough to female artists. I've seen her live for a few times and there's this other song that she sang that I'm still looking for, maybe that would go into one of future posts.




Watching you across the room
Hoping you would catch my eye
Don't you know it's to you
I wanna give this smile to

You go to and fro
And it amazes me
How your mere presence here
Awakens something inside of me

Still I keep it to myself
Hesitating
But I can't help but wonder
What all this could bring
Holding on the my seat
As I watch it all begin
Might be falling head over heels
Again

Cause you bring out the queen in me
When your around
Don't wanna be scared of the
Possibility that
Something beautiful
Could be found

Cause I've been waiting for somebody like you
To come my way
And I've been on my knees
Asking if this is all OK

I don't wanna get ahead
Of myself again
Throwing too much in the air
Making sure that He puts
The pieces together
Coz I know I'm being prepared
For the right time

No comments: