Thursday, November 26, 2009

Shattered Like by Rivermaya

Being a big fan of Rivermaya I have a lot of favorite songs from the band. This probably cracks the top 10 Rivermaya songs for me. The song's structure seems simple and I just like the overall message... again a disappointment in love life.

I distinctly remember this songs video, which was a collage of videos from Rivermaya's tour abroad. They also performed a danceable version of this song for their Araneta concert with Kitchie Nadal, which ranks among the best concerts I've attended.




You're the night in my days,
that I fight to keep from coming
you're the life when I pray, that I feel.

I tried to tame you,
I tried to open your mind.
I tried to save you,
you said it's just a waste of time
'cause you are meant to explode one day
'cause you are built that way,
yeah you are built that way.

I delight in my pain,
and I'm shattered like your promises
though I tried to be sane,
I'm just shattered like,
shattered like your promises.

Had you been drinking?
had you been messing up your life
like you did mine, not long ago.

That's good for ego,
that's good for motherfucking ego
like I need it.
Still, while the record company waits
until our song I say tough luck

But i'm too crazy and
i'm too weak and I'm too busy
remembering how to smile
and how to be happy.

I delight in my pain
and I'm shattered like your promises
though I tried to be sane,
I'm just shattered like,
shattered like.

I'm just shattered, shattered, shattered...

No comments: