Monday, February 24, 2014

Unplugged by The Flaming Lips

I fist encountered The Flaming Lips via their critically acclaimed album Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. To be honest, even though practically everyone who seems to be musically intelligent was giving praise to Yoshimi, it didn't fit my taste.

It's good though that I try to look around an artists's/band's origin and the Hear It Is album with it's punk leanings somewhat gave me a good understanding of where The Flaming Lips used to belong.

This song specifically reminds me of Nirvana. 





In this bogus town, we ain't got nothing to do.
Everybody's pretty cool, hate to stoop.
Thinking they're great, some new kind of drug.
They got their wires pulled out
Tell ya man, they're unplugged.
They're unplugged.
 
Everybody here is a mental case
Their eyes are staring out into space
Try to talk to 'em and I really get burned
Nobody's home, I tell ya man, they're unplugged.
They're unplugged.

There's too many dumb, fucks.
Man, it really sucks, 
spending all their bucks.
They're all unplugged, in their heads, 
come on
In their heads.
Sick.

No comments: