Saturday, December 22, 2012

I'll Stick Around by Foo Fighters

I recently watched the Foo Fighter's documentary Back and Forth after shelving the idea for more than a year. I've been in a sort of movie/video binge the past few weeks. So far I've seen the following: Easy Rider, The Thing, Prometheus, Six Degrees of Separation and Rushmore. I haven't gotten around watching Reservoir Dogs.

On topic, this was one of the songs that made me buy the 1st Foo Fighters album. The music video made an impression on me especially after learning that the band was led by Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl. I liked the idea of someone trying to start something new. I guess that resonated with me (for reasons I really don't know) and have been generally a fan of Foo Fighters music ever since.
 

 


I thought I knew
All it took to bother you
Every word I said was true
And that you'll see

How could it be
I'm the only one who sees
Your rehearsed insanity (And I)

I still refused
All the methods you abused
It's alright if you're confused
Let me be

I've been around
All the pawns you've gagged and bound
They'll come back and knock you down
And I'll be free

I've taken all and I've endured
One day it all will fade I'm sure


I don't owe you anything

I had no hand
In your ever desperate plan
It returns and when it lands
Words are due

I should've known
We were better off alone
I looked and I was shown
You were too

I've taken all and I've endured
one day it all will fade I'm sure

I don't owe you anything

I'll stick around
I'll stick around (and)
Learn from all
That came from it


No comments: