Friday, July 11, 2008

Crapshoot by Perpertual Groove

What can you get for 130pesos? you can get a premium burger or 3 cheeseburgers or you can buy a SPAM and a loaf of bread and eat your heart out!

Recently for 130 pesos I got a magazine from Booksale, Relix, which comes with a free Audio CD. I didn't know then that one of the songs included in the mag would be my companion on an unfortunate journey to Malabon.

If I was a judge-the-book-by-its-over-type I would have just pressed forward and not bother with this song. Not that I'm not a judge-the-book-by-its-over-type but I was impressed by this song early on. The early pounding of the drums and straddling bass easily made it's mark but what impressed me was the guitar work.... it's like art and noise rolled into one.



Step up to the passline
Come on and make your bets
You think you know so much honey
You aint seen nothing yet

The way you turn your back on things
Now you must lie in your bed
The way you turn your back on things
I wont soon forget

Cause i cant see anymore of me
taken part in this sad sad deal
As they say what will be will be
this time has never felt so real

Step up to the passline
Come on and make your bets
You think you got a lock on so much money
You aint won nothing yet

This bed shes yours to lie in
Now that youve made your bets
The way you turn your back on things i wont soo forget

Cause i cant see anymore of me
taken part in this sad sad deal
As they say what will be will be
Wouldnt you agree this time has never felt so real

No comments: